DISPLAY INFORMATION > FAQ'S
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- In 2016, the display will feature over 100,000 lights total, over 2,000 channels of computer automation, and many home made decorations
- Planning, designing, and building the display is a year-round activity on the weekends and in the evenings starting in January right after Christmas
- Once the display design is conceived, songs are chosen and edited, and display elements are built. Programming or sequencing the display music takes about 3-4 months
- Display setup for 2016 will take 2 weeks full time in November before Thanksgiving
- Teardown will take about 4 days right after Christmas, and then some time to organize and put away
- We do this as a Labor of Love for our family and a gift to the community;
we're hoping to make lifetime memories for our family and yours
- If the lights were all on at the same time, it would take about 7,500 watts to power them. This is less than half as much as previous years since we've converted to mostly LED lights.
- Continuing from prior years, we only use LED lights for new decorations because of their non-fading brilliant color and energy-saving features
- We use specialized electronic controllers and software from Light-o-Rama to animate the lights and decorations
- The music used in the display is synchronized with the lights using over 2,000 separate channels, with wires going to nearly every decoration
- The display music is broadcast on a low powered FM transmitter from the garage on FM 106.1. The signal goes a couple of houses in each direction so people can listen in their cars when viewing the display.
- For every minute of music in the display, it takes anywhere from 6-10 hours to program the lights, depending on the complexity of the music
- The display uses over 9 miles of wire to connect the lights and decorations to the controllers
- Much of the display decorations are home-made, such as the Belardo Spiral Trees, the Christmas Coro Cubes, the Coroplast LED Christmas trees, the "Belardo Fireworks" lights, the redesigned "Minitrees", the "Singing Reindeer", the "Leaping Lights", the "Talking Heads", the "Dancing Stephen", the "RGB MegaBalls", the "Dancing Elves", the animated talking C9 Lights Bulbs, and the animated Snow man and Snow woman!
- Santa Claus in the window appears all evening during the season and is a big hit with the kids. He looks very real, doesn't he? Santa generates the most questions from our visitors, and is rear-projected from a DVD to a screen mounted 12 inches behind the window.
- Please write us a comment, note, or suggestion in the guestbook, located in front of the display by the mailbox, and be sure to pick up a handout as well to learn more about the display (below the mailbox)
- Thanks for making Belardo Lights part of your Holiday Tradition, and helping us "Dream Big!"...
2006-2016 BELARDO LIGHTS | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED